Acer is a leading manufacturer of high-end technological gadgets. Laptops, desktops, and smartphones are the various products which Acer offers its users. Acer laptop DVD drive is used to play movies and games in your system via CD or DVD. If you find your Acer Laptop DVD Drive Not Working, then you can go through this article to resolve the issue on your own. Loose plug connection, corrupt DVD drivers are the common causes of this problem and can be solved by updating the DVD Drive drivers in your system.
Causes Of Acer Laptop DVD Drive Not Working
Acer laptop DVD drive is not working may be due to the following reasons.
- Loose power plug connection: If the power does not reach to the DVD drive then it may be the cause for which DVD drive not working in your system.
- Corrupt DVD drivers: If the DVD drivers get corrupt due to some malfunctioning in your system then it can also be a cause for this problem.
- Changes made by a recent application software: If you have installed an infected application software with or without your knowledge, then it may be a cause for Acer laptop DVD drive not working.
How To Fix Acer Laptop DVD Drive Issues
If you find your Acer laptop DVD drive not working, then you may follow the below-mentioned procedures to resolve this issue on your own.
Update The DVD Drive Driver
If you have recently upgraded your system and facing Acer laptop DVD drive issue, then you need to update the DVD Drive driver. To update the DVD drive driver, follow the steps below:
- Open the Search box by pressing the Windows button from your keyboard.
- In the Search box type Device Manager and press Enter.
- After that select on CD/DVD-Rom drives and double click on it.
- Now an option will generate below the CD/DVD-Rom drives. Right-click on that.
- After right clicking on the generated option, now select on Update driver. And then click on “Update drivers automatically” option, it will download and install the available DVD Drive drivers automatically in your system.
This is the most effective process to resolve Acer laptop DVD drive not working problem.
Restore Your System
After upgrading your system to the latest version if you are unable to use DVD drive in your Acer laptop then you need to restore your system to the earlier version. Follow the below steps to restore your system.
- Firstly, press the Windows button from your keyboard. Then go to the Search panel and type Restore on it.
- Now at the top of all search results, you will see Create a restore point option. Hit on it and then navigate to the System Restore option.
- After that hit on Choose a different restore point. And then press on Next.
- By pressing Next, you will see the available restore time. Select your preferred date and time in which you want to restore your system. And select Next option and then on Finish.
- Now a dialog box will prompt up which will provide you with some instruction and click on Yes.
- Wait until the whole process is done.
Related Blog:- How To Fix Acer Laptop Keyboard Not Working?
Dial Acer Support Number USA +1-855-847-1975 (toll-free):-
By studying this article, you may resolve Acer laptop DVD drive not working problem. If you have further queries about Acer products, then you can call at Acer Customer Support Number in order to avail instant and effective Acer support. We will provide you with the best possible solutions to your Acer products regarding the problems. You can send your query via our official email id and get the relevant solutions. To get instant below-mentioned-mentioned any time, you can live chat with our Acer Support executives who can help with the problem you have with your Acer device.